Aquamonix installs flood monitoring system for Coolmunda Dam – Inglewood, QLD
Coolmunda Dam is an earth–fill embankment dam with a gated spillway constructed in 1968 across the Macintrye Brook, a tributary of the Dumaresq River. The dam wall is approximately 20m high and equipped with a set of controlled radial gates for the management of flood releases.
The system was installed and commissioned in late 2017 and provides information on each of the 7 x gate positions into the Sunwater Central SCADA system via a remote communications link.
• Minimal installation works (no wiring required)
• Accurate tilt measurement to within +/- 0.05 Deg
• Vertical gate opening position calculated to +/- 10mm
• Local data logging & time stamping
• Automated reporting to SCADA System via 3G
• Automated alerting of operations staff during gate movement