M500 Electromagnetic Flowmeter – Environmental Monitoring Systems
The M500 Electromagnetic Flowmeter has been developed to meet the demanding requirements for Environmental monitoring systems and accurate metering of process and mining fluid supplies (including slurries and mixtures) but is equally at home in other water supply applications including urban water (recycled water, distribution network and revenue monitoring), irrigation.
Electromagnetic flowmeters for the accurate flow measurement of any conductive fluid. Ideally suited to water and wastewater treatment plants, mining, environmental monitoring systems and general industry.
- Uses the well proven electromagnetic method of measurement.
- Enhanced diagnostic and alarm functions.
- Removable SD card allowing upgrade of transmitter.
- Large multi-line LCD display.
- User configurable logging interval for flow data and diagnostic tables.
- Optional 4-20mA output.
- User configurable digital frequency and pulse outputs.
- Full serial MODBUS multidrop support.
- 3x expansion slots allowing additional IO.
- Serial support for modems, RTUs and PLCs.
- Real time “read flow now” capability for gate control functions.
- Ability to calibrate and operate flow tubes up to 1000mm in diameter.
- Capacitance style keypad with no moving parts.
- Cable entry via IP68 rated glands with no moving parts.
- Designed for outdoor environments.
- Individually shielded signal cable with outer shield
- Australian EMC compliance.
- Exchangeable with existing flow meter installations – just swap the transmitter, enter the site information and site is operational.
- MODBUS addressing backwards-compatible with I300 meter.
- Designed to integrate with RTU allowing remote reading and triggering of flow measurement.
- Ability to control frequency and current outputs to drive a wide variety of flow tubes.
Flow Velocity Range: 0.01 to 10.00 metres per second
Accuracy: Better than ±0.05% of indicated flow rate, or ±1mm/s.
Full Scale flow rate: Programmable
Low flow cutoff: Programmable from 0 to 10% of full scale flow rate.
Flow channels: Flow velocity, Flow rate, Mass Flow
Total volumetric flow: Forwards, Reverse, Peak / Off-peak, Year to date.
Litres, Kilolitres, Megalitres, Gigalitres
Imperial and US Gallons, Imperial mega-gallons and others
User programmable unit conversion factor
Flow time units: Seconds, Hours, Days
Flow simulation modes:
Simulated DC current out
Simulated flow rate on meter front LCD.
M500 4-20mA Analogue Output Card
M500 modem card
M500 Digital Controls Card