Aquamonix supplies Atkinson Dam outlet flowmeter
Aquamonix recently completed the supply and commissioning of a large diameter outlet flow meter for Atkinson Dam in South East Qld. The new meter replaces an older non-compliant mechanical style propeller meter with a fully certified magnetic flow meter. Aquamonix developed a custom designed meter to fit into the existing 1200mm concrete pipe – without the need for any additional civil or mechanical site works. This arrangement provided a fully compliant metering solution that was cost effective and delivered within a short timeframe.
The flow meter is stand alone, solar powered unit complete with data logging and telemetry module to provide automated reporting back into SEQ Water central base station. The Aquamonix solution is based on the innovative Model 2030 pit mount style meter design – which are in widespread use in gravity irrigation systems. The flow meter was manufactured in our Sydney facility, with the data logging and telemetry components provided by our Brisbane project team to meet SEQwater specifications.
Key features of the project:
- Flow meter made in Australia
- Fully Pattern Approved and Compliant with Australian Standard AS4747
- Accuracy typically better than +/- 1 %
- Tamper proof, with no moving parts
- Full integration into client data collection system
- Very low head loss – ideal for gravity flow outlets
- Solar powered with data logger and remote3G/4G telemetry